Robertson Stephens Wealth Management (RSWM) is a national wealth management firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, Sun Valley, Holmdel, Marin County, Austin, Denver/Vail, and Houston. The Firm serves the financial planning and investment strategy needs of high-net-worth individuals and family offices. Employees of the Firm share a solid work ethic, a drive to innovate within our industry and above all strive for value-creation on behalf of our clients.
Dual opportunity to work within the Firm’s Business Development Group (“BDG”) and work directly with the CEO. Responsible for financial modeling, due diligence and monitoring of corporate mergers and acquisitions in a fast growing, highly acquisitive firm. The position reports directly to the Chief Business Development Officer, who oversees all corporate mergers and acquisitions of independent registered investment advisor (“RIA”) firms and breakaway wire-house financial advisor teams. Additionally, you will work closely with the CEO and the CFO on strategic projects and the growth of the Firm.
- Developing the financial models used for the acquisition of our advisor teams. Understand business models and develop financial, unit economics and valuation models using Excel and other tools, as well as to calculate, recommend and monitor benchmarks. This involves incorporating financial and business information from targets, drafting our financial offers and the corresponding communication to these targets, as well as distilling this information into financial metrices that we track with respect to unit economics and explaining the model nuances to the New Business Commitment Committee.
- Lead due diligence efforts including the ability to analyze financial information, compensation data, real estate leases, vendor contracts, software agreements, custodian relationships, FINRA reports, insurance policies, and other information to evaluate prospects, assess risks, and identify duplication, efficiency, and synergies.
- Coordinate, interact, communicate in-person and in writing, and work with prospects, vendors and finance, BDG, investment office, operations, technology, marketing, financial planning, and compliance departments.
- Daily interaction with BDG, CEO, CFO, participation in weekly BDG meetings, and presentation of recommendations and reports to New Business Commitment Committee.
- Perform post-merger monitoring of performance and prepare reports for management and the Board.
- A portion of the Associate’s role will be to organize, plan and prioritize tasks, and complete ad-hoc financial analyses for CEO related to strategy, business development and financial matters of the Firm. This role could eventually lead to a Chief of Staff position, with wide-ranging responsibilities including improving the efficiency of the business and helping the CEO with strategic matters.
- Team-oriented with high integrity with an ability to work with a team located all over the country.
- Self-starter, with ability to follow direction, offer perspective on new initiatives and multi-task.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline focused environment.
- Detail focused with excellent organization skills and the ability to deliver quality work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ask, listen, decide, and follow through.
- Are willing to contribute at any level.
- BA/BS degree from top-tier university with a record for strong academic performance required.
- Minimum of one and a half to three years financial analysis experience.
- Experience using Word, Excel, and other tools to prepare models, reports and term sheets.
- RIA, wealth and asset management industry knowledge, merger and acquisition experience, and investment banking analyst training are beneficial.