Robertson Stephens Wealth Management (RSWM) is a national wealth management firm with offices in San Francisco (CA), New York (NY), Sun Valley (ID), Holmdel (NJ) and Austin (TX). The firm serves the financial planning and investment management needs of high net worth individuals and family offices. Employees of the firm share a solid work ethic, a drive to innovate within our industry and above all strive for value-creation on behalf of our clients.
Opportunity to work within Robertson Stephens’ Investment Office and build out its Investment analysis and reporting infrastructure. Will consider Full time, Part time, and Internship Candidates. The position will be in New York.
- Develop automated reporting systems using market and investment related data services such as Bloomberg and Morningstar.
- Support team members in the investment sourcing process by developing and maintaining proprietary screening and scoring systems.
- Assist in the advisor and client prospecting process by conducting quantitative due diligence of their portfolios. Be prepared to communicate observations to investment team.
- Work with the Investment Office and advisor teams in the implementation of firm model portfolio solutions for clients.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and reporting of manager performance and material updates. Serve as an informed, trusted resource to colleagues and clients. Analyst must be familiar with market trends.
- Help source new ideas and monitor existing managers by attending and participating in meetings with fund general partners and other senior personnel.
- Prepare for and participate in firm-wide meetings where colleagues nationally come together to discuss investments.
- Assist in the creation portfolio proposals and presentations to clients
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparisons across fund managers, and the opinion of the research team.
- Team-oriented, respectful, high integrity, humility
- Demonstrated ability to learn other software applications
- Detail focused with excellent organization skills and the ability to deliver quality work
- Self-starter, with ability to follow direction and offer perspective on new initiatives
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline focused environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 – 5 years of experience analyzing data in Python or Java; Experience and passion for data wrangling and data cleaning is a must.
- Pattern-recognition skills with a proficiency in defining and implementing repeatable and scalable data driven processes.
- Experience in querying and manipulating data from providers such as Bloomberg and Morningstar. Experience and project history working with Bloomberg API preferred.
- Experience in working with financial data (ie returns and portfolio data)
- Extensive experience working with Excel (VBA a plus); knowledgeable with Word and PowerPoint.
- Possess flexibility and willingness to perform various ad-hoc data related assignments
- Prior wealth management, investment management, or banking experience is desirable
Robertson Stephens Wealth Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.