Robertson Stephens Wealth Management (RSWM) is a national wealth management firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, Sun Valley, Holmdel, Marin County, Austin, Denver/Vail, and Houston. The Firm serves the financial planning and investment strategy needs of high-net-worth individuals and family offices. Employees of the Firm share a solid work ethic, a drive to innovate within our industry and above all strive for value-creation on behalf of our clients.
Opportunity to work within Robertson Stephens’ Investment Office, including directly with the Chief Investment Officer, and partner with wealth managers on client investment portfolio construction and research. It is an excellent opportunity to work closely with and learn from industry professionals who have decades of experience investing in public and private markets at top-tier institutions. The Investment Office is a tightly-knit team which currently consists of four individuals. Because of the broad responsibilities and size of the team, the Investment Office Associate would be able to learn about a wide variety of asset classes and assist in solving a diverse set of challenging investment problems. The role will be a full-time position in New York with an opportunity to grow and stay with the team for the long-term.
- Collaborate with other Investment Office and firmwide colleagues to source and complete in-depth due diligence of alternative and other investment opportunities across asset classes and strategies. Responsibilities include: conducting manager meetings, structuring due diligence activities, travelling to on-site meetings, reference calls, and written reports summarizing the evaluation of the opportunity
- Support team members in developing conviction on fund managers and markets through ongoing qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
- Prepare written and quantitative research utilized by our wealth managers and clients to support investment decisions. This includes concise commentaries summarizing meetings with fund managers, in depth due diligence reports, and other periodic research..
- Utilize common analytical frameworks and develop unique analyses to assess alternative funds in terms of organization, investment strategy, performance, fund terms, current portfolio companies, and other key attributes
- Help source new ideas and monitor existing managers by attending and participating in meetings with fund general partners and other senior personnel
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparisons across fund managers, and the opinion of the research team
- Prepare for and participate in firm-wide meetings where colleagues nationally come together to discuss investments
- Contribute to and present at monthly firm-wide Investment Committee meetings
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and reporting of manager performance and material updates. Ensure the team has access to the latest materials
- Create portfolio proposals and presentations to clients
- Maintain pipeline of alternative investment opportunities, and proactively source opportunities by leveraging network and accessing databases
- Team-oriented, respectful, high integrity, humble, intellectually curious
- Thoughtful self-starter; unafraid to express and support views that may differ from those of other team members in a respectful manner, leading to constructive debate
- Proactive collaborator, not hesitant to ask questions, and able to follow directions
- Detail focused with excellent organization skills and the ability to deliver quality work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline focused environment
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree from top-tier university with a record for strong academic performance required
- Extensive experience working with Excel (VBA a plus); knowledgeable with Word and PowerPoint required
- 1-2 years of experience working in an investment focused role strongly preferred
- Experience with alternative investment due diligence and research preferred (private equity, private credit, hedge fund or real estate). Examples of such experience may come from but are not limited to working in a similar capacity at an OCIO, family office, large institutional investor, fund of funds, private equity investment firm or alternatives database provider
- Strong written and analytical skills for analysis and investment thesis development required
- Experience communicating with internal and external audiences preferred
- Possess flexibility and willingness to perform various ad-hoc assignments required
- Commitment to accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of diligence required
- Demonstrated ability to learn software applications preferred
Robertson Stephens Wealth Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.