Robertson Stephens Wealth Management (RSWM) is a national wealth management firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, Idaho, and New Jersey. The firm serves the financial planning and investment strategy needs of high net worth individuals and family offices. Employees of the firm share a solid work ethic, a drive to innovate within our industry and above all strive for value-creation on behalf of our clients.
Opportunity to work within Robertson Stephens’ Multi-Family Office (RS MFO) as a foundational member of the team. RS MFO delivers a suite of services to simplify the complex financial needs of Ultra-High Net Worth (UHNW) families. RS MFO services focus on the finances of the family, such as: cashflow, investment, philanthropy, tax, estate, governance, and lending. Robertson Stephens has a set of resources, including an investment office, financial planning services, bookkeeping and tax, which are incorporated into our family office services. RS MFO maintains client relationships directly and partners with the Firm’s wealth managers to serve clients. The Robertson Stephens Investment Office provides ultra-high net worth families with Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) services. This newly created position is for a Vice President to assume a senior role and lead the group as the business manager for all family office services.
- Collaborate with other areas of the Firm, including the investments, operations, planning, bookkeeping, philanthropy and governance.
- Help identify, develop, and prioritize new and ongoing initiatives, leading implementation of such initiatives and ensuring that all workflows within the MFO are optimally executed.
- Provide strategic, analytical, and informational support for the evaluation, resolution, and execution of smooth workflow across investment, operations and business divisions.
- Monitor investment portfolios, transition wealth toward a core portfolio strategy, on-boarding existing investments, conducting analysis on legacy holdings and analyzing fees.
- Coordinate the preparation of frequent reports to family office clients, including: monthly financial administration, quarterly investment analysis, annual estate governance review.
- Create solutions for UHNW needs from organizing budgets to forecasting capital calls, predicting income streams and managing liquidity events, optimize cash holdings.
- Build relationships with prospective clients, during a long ‘sell-cycle’, as we offer a firmwide coordinated effort to demonstrate our value-add service to qualified prospects.
- Proficiency with select software that the Firm uses, including: Salesforce, Addepar, QuickBooks, eMoney, plus the online resources from custodians Fidelity and Schwab.
- Maintain a proactive perspective on client’s philanthropic areas of interest, such that networking opportunities and like-minded connections can be made for our clients.
- Manage relationships with a variety of family members and external advisors to the family, including: financial, legal, tax, accounting, philanthropic, bank, staff, etc.
- Team-oriented, respectful, high integrity, humility
- Self-starter, with ability to follow direction and offer perspective on new initiatives
- Detail focused with excellent organization skills and the ability to deliver quality work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline focused environment
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ask, listen, decide, and follow through
- Are willing to contribute at any level
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree from top-tier university with a record for strong academic performance required; CFA preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience working with senior executives in Investment Management or wealth management industries
- Experience communicating with internal and external audiences
- Possess flexibility and willingness to perform various ad-hoc assignments
- Commitment to accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of diligence.
- Extensive experience working with Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with select software that the Firm uses, including: Salesforce, Addepar, QuickBooks, eMoney, plus the online resources from custodians Fidelity and Schwab.
Robertson Stephens Wealth Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience