Robertson Stephens Wealth Management (RSWM) is a national wealth management firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, Idaho, and New Jersey. The firm serves the financial planning and investment strategy needs of high net worth individuals and family offices. Employees of the firm share a solid work ethic, a drive to innovate within our industry and above all strive for value-creation on behalf of our clients.
Opportunity to work within Robertson Stephens’ Investment Office and partner with wealth managers on client investment portfolio construction and research. Will consider both Full time and Internship Candidates. The position will be in New York.
- Collaborate with other Investment Office and firmwide colleagues to source and complete in-depth due diligence of alternative and other investment opportunities across asset classes and strategies. Responsibilities include: conducting manager meetings, structuring due diligence activities, travelling to on-site meetings, reference calls, and written reports summarizing the evaluation of the opportunity.
- Support team members in developing conviction on fund managers and markets through ongoing qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Prepare written and quantitative research utilized by our wealth managers and clients to support investment decisions. This includes concise commentaries summarizing meetings with fund managers, in depth due diligence reports, and other periodic research..
- Utilize common analytical frameworks and develop unique analyses to assess alternative funds in terms of organization, investment strategy, performance, fund terms, current portfolio companies, and other key attributes.
- Help source new ideas and monitor existing managers by attending and participating in meetings with fund general partners and other senior personnel.
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparisons across fund managers, and the opinion of the research team.
- Prepare for and participate in firm-wide meetings where colleagues nationally come together to discuss investments.
- Contribute to and present at monthly firm-wide Investment Committee meetings.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and reporting of manager performance and material updates.
- Serve as an informed, trusted resource to colleagues and clients. Associate must be familiar with market trends.
- Create portfolio proposals and presentations to clients
- Team-oriented, respectful, high integrity, humility
- Self-starter, with ability to follow direction and offer perspective on new initiatives
- Detail focused with excellent organization skills and the ability to deliver quality work
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and deadline focused environment
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree from top-tier university with a record for strong academic performance required; CFA preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of alternatives (private equity, private credit, hedge fund or real estate) knowledge and experience preferred, gained from work in a similar capacity at an OCIO, family office, large institutional investor (such as a pension fund or endowment), fund-of-funds, or at a private equity investment firm.
- Experience with alternative investment due diligence preferred.
- Strong written and analytical skills for analysis and investment thesis development
- Experience communicating with internal and external audiences
- Possess flexibility and willingness to perform various ad-hoc assignments
- Commitment to accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of diligence.
- Extensive experience working with Excel (VBA a plus); knowledgeable with Word and Powerpoint
- Experience with alternatives research and data providers (ie Albourne & Preqin)
- Demonstrated ability to learn other software applications
Robertson Stephens Wealth Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience