July 25, 2023 – Last month, I wrote about some marketing trends that included video. Today, I want to dive a little deeper into using video for financial advisors who want a new way to engage with clients and prospects to enhance their ability to service and grow. I will start with some foundational best practices and compliment them with some new ideas.
- Keep videos short and concise. Financial topics can be complex, so aim for videos that are 3-5 minutes long to explain a concept or strategy clearly and concisely. If you can deliver the message below 3 minutes, even better.
- Focus on providing value to your audience. Videos should educate clients, provide tips, or explain your processes. Avoid “salesy” videos that solely promote yourself or your services.
- Use simple visuals to support your message. Screens shares, slides, images, etc. can help reinforce and clarify what you’re discussing. But don’t clutter the screen or use distracting animations.
- Keep the tone conversational but professional. Write a loose script to follow but deliver it in a natural, approachable way. Avoid complex financial jargon and acronyms. Use a teleprompter app in the beginning to practice and get comfortable in front of the camera.
- Promote your videos. Always upload them to your website, embed in emails and social posts, and provide links in any digital content when relevant. Make them easy to access.
New Video Ideas